If you own a website it is very important to track a few key statistics and indicators on a regular basis in order to manage your website customers and strategies effectively. It is not good enough to focus on your content and advertising campaigns only. You can only make good business decisions when you have valid and relevant information to work with. Lead generation and conversion rates are important indicators of the efficiency of your website optimization and add campaigns.
In this article we are going to look at 5 key indicators and statistics that you should be tracking.
1. Website visitors This is a very good indicator that provides you with information on the visibility of your website on the Internet. People need to find your site before they can visit. Website visitors are also potential leads and the more visitors you have, the more potential leads you can generate. It is also important to track the sources that visitors use to find your site. This will allow you to measure the effectiveness of your keyword optimization, PPC campaigns and marketing strategies.
2. Active Leads This is the number of people that provide you with their contact information when visiting your website. It is vital that you provide them with the means to provide you with their email address and relevant info. Leads are where your sales will come from and it is important to manage the leads that your website generate properly. Always allow people to communicate with you and look at using competitions, surveys, blogs and free eBooks to pull them in.
3. Conversion Rate Conversion rates differs depending on the type of site or service. For business to business sites the average conversion rate is 2%. This indicator measures the percentage of your visitors that converts to a lead. High conversion rates are achieved by websites that have good sales copy, products or services. Change your sales pitch if your conversion rate is very low. People want to know who you are, what you do and what is in it for them.
4. SEO statistics Google PageRank, keyword density, number of inbound links and the anchor text used in the inbound links are important SEO indicators. You should monitor these indicators and improve them over time. Effective SEO will improve your website search engine rankings for keywords that you have optimized resulting in more visitors through organic search.
5. Keyword Rankings Organic search is a very powerful and effective long term traffic generator. a High percentage of Internet users make use of Google, Bing and Yahoo to find what they are looking for. Any change that you make to your website will impact on your rankings and you need to track the effectiveness of changes through the movement of your keyword rankings. If the keywords that you are targeting do not generate many visitors you might have to find new keywords through keyword research.
Information is powerful and if you track the above statistics and indicators you will have the ability to make informed business decisions. Organic search should be a big part of your website marketing strategy and you need to focus on the performance of your website keywords on the search results. SEO and keyword optimization both play a big part in high keyword search results and should not be neglected.