Since the Internet exploded in the ‘90s, businesses have explored the endless possibilities of marketing their products on the biggest street of all – the Information Highway.
Buckle your seatbelt and rev up your engine (or search engine) for a journey through some successful Internet Marketing Techniques and connect to a new audience of web-savvy consumers.
1. Your Website – When coming up with the URL for your website, make sure you have a keyword-loaded URL. This helps position your business’ site higher in the search engines’ results because of the relevant content.
That said, also make sure to optimize your keywords in your contents to receive effective results for your site. Keywords help search engines find related articles that are on your website. They aren’t shown on the site; it’s used for the search engines and targeting your potential customers to the website. If you use incorrect keywords on your site, the search engines can mark your site as spam. For example, if you are a lawyer, don’t use “auto shop” as a keyword because you think people who go to auto shops were in car accidents and need lawyers.
Finally, make sure you constantly update your website. If a visitor sees that the site hasn’t been updated since 2002, then they could go somewhere else because your site may feature services that are out-of-date. Fresh content keeps visitors coming back.
2. Put your URL everywhere possible. From your business cards to your company trucks, remind people that you do indeed have a website. Everyone you meet or encounter is a potential customer – all successful business people constantly promote their company, even if it is on their packaging.
3. Consider the power of paid-for Internet Marketing. Pay-Per-Click services are emerging as one of the biggest techniques on the web. By utilizing a PPC provider such as Google AdWords or Yahoo! Search Marketing, businesses can drive up their site traffic by having more presence with ads on the Internet. Businesses only have to pay for the ad whenever a visitor clicks on it and goes to their website.
4. Display Advertising. Ads on the Internet are everywhere, and they include web banners that have either static or animated images. They’re inescapable. With a creative ad and a good call-to-action, you will bring unique visitors to your website.
5. E-Mail Marketing. Enhance your relationships with everyone you deal with, from customers old and new, with e-mails that clearly communicate current specials and/or company happenings. E-mail marketing encourages repeat business. A major plus is that it is less expensive than the old-school methods of sending direct mail or newsletters to your audience’s mail boxes. E-mail marketing software makes it easy for you to send out since it can send out bulk e-mail. It even allows you to create e-mail campaigns and organize all of your e-mail contacts.
6. Get connected with social media optimization. Word of mouth doesn’t just exist outside the Web. Social media can include adding RSS feeds and news and sharing buttons to your website. The more promotional aspects call for blogging, adding comments to other blogs, and sharing updates on social networking profiles such as Facebook (Yes, you can create a page for your business there).
If you are interested in any Internet marketing technique, contact our team to give your business a boost on the web. Content Creative Services is knowledgeable in search engine optimization, e-mail marketing, PPC campaigns, social media marketing, blog content and more.